Re: - Re: saftey of being in the proximity of someone on RAI therapy

Well, if anyone asks me about this again, at least I can give them some advice.

So, litter, poop, I-131 and all down the toilet. Another person responded to

this and said animal rad waste is regulated but human is not. Strange stuff

these regulations! Would not be a problem if you have a septic tank, but I

would not recommend doing this at a regulated facility like our university. Our

waste streams are highly monitored, and those engineers tend to get excited

when instruments go off. How about a city sewer? Those are monitored as well.

But I guess once its diluted with millions of gallons of water, it would be

hard to see. And it does decay fairly quick. So, OK. Thanks.

-Russ