RE: - Re: saftey of being in the proximity of someone on RAI thera py

> Did the owner of the cat have a license to receive

> radioactive material (in the cat) from the

> veternarian?

Nope, and they usually don't. (but then again, human patients in hospitals

don't either when they are released. I have not heard of any fines due to

radioactive trash in the landfill for human patients though.)

Seems that they are more restrictive on what they allow with radioactive

animal waste??

Cats are able to be released from most veterinary clinics if their exposure

level is at or below 0.5 mR/hr at one meter. This means keeping the cats

approximately 3 days in the clinic before releasing them to the owners.

Diane Griffiths