Self-shielded Irradiator

To all licensees,

Here at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, one of our responsible users would like to offer up a self-shielded irradiator for recycling.  This device is still in good operating condition and thus we would like to try to put this irradiator to good use before we seek other disposal methods.

Specifications:

Isomedix (Parsippany, N.J.) Gammator M38-1 irradiator

Two source Cs-137

Reference date and reference activity

            7/1/1969          800 Ci (400 Ci/source)

Current activity and exposure rate

            360 Ci              309 R/min

The two sources are contained within two welded, stainless steel concentric capsules locked in a third cavity by a shielding plug which is locked into place by a high strength weld.

The Gammator irradiator provides access tubes for environmental control, chamber turntable for uniform dose delivery, variable dose rates, timer, and automatic chamber return.

The Gammator requires a standard 120 wall outlet for operation.  It stands 60" high with a 2' x 2' base

Please feel free to contact our office if you would like more information.

Jeremy Hawk

jeremy@rso.utah.edu

801-581-6141