Re: request for help with Wikipedia article

At 08:02 AM 08/26/2004, Nathan Russell wrote:

>on the Chernobyl accident in particular - why does it seem like I can't

>find any

>figures for the amount of activity released that are even close to each other?

The UNSCEAR-2000 report (Annex J) provides partial explanations. First,

some estimates include the noble gases. Second, the decay corrections are

done to various different times; since many of the radionuclides are

short-lived, this leads to different answers.

mike

Mike McNaughton

Los Alamos National Lab.

email: mcnaught@LANL.gov or mcnaughton@LANL.gov