Re: Radiation Safety Training Programs

Sue,
    We have over the last year up graded our training from a short
lecture and a film to a much more lengthly program.  We have had to
do this because the responsible users (supervisors, professors)
weren't.

We do three to four hours of training, specific to the work performed
by the workers.
Our training starts with atoms, works through definitions, has
demonstrations of time, distance and shielding, ALARA, Pregenant
worker, rights and responsibilties, ect.  We end the lectures with a
pratical exersize, including personnel monitoring, emergency actions,
rad lab techniques. A test. We grade the test, and review the test
with each worker.  Each worker gets a study guide to take notes on at
the beginning of class.  We also are starting an annual up grade
refressher training.
3 hours is about how long it takes normal users, but with dispersable
isotope users, almost 4 hours.