From:           Self <DEPUTY/DALRYMPL>
To:             biosafty@mitva.mit.edu
Subject:        Radioactive Waste, BSL-3 Facilities
Copies to:      safety@uvmvm.uvm.edu
Date sent:      Thu, 11 Aug 1994 10:39:11

How do you treat radioactive waste or chemical waste that is
biologically hazardous/contaminated without autoclaving?

Specifically:
    There is a Biosafety Level 3* facility here (more, higher,
containment than just your old everyday BL-3 facility) that wants to
start using radioactives.  Until we can ammend our NRC licence to
allow them to decay out the waste on site, how do you all suggest we remove
the waste from the facility?
    And also hazardous chemical wastes.
    Thanks.

Madeline Dalrymple       Biological Safety Officer
                         University of Wyoming
voice:307-766-3277       Environmental Health and Safety Office
fax:307-766-2255         PO Box 3413
email:dalrympl@uwyo.edu  Laramie, WY 82071-3413