LSC detection of 192Ir

I thought that I saw a comment suggesting that 192 Ir was not
detected well with LSC because it primarily gives off gamma radiation.
 Obviously if you want to confirm that a leak is indeed 192 Ir then
Gamma spectrometry is a very useful tool but since about 95% of 192
Ir decay is via beta decay I would guess that LSC would be a very
sensative means of detecting potential leakage.

I didn't save the message and if I didn't get the real intent of the

Name: Edwin Jackson
EFJ@ASBHR.BYU.EDU
Environmental Coordinator
Brigham Young University