AEA Nevada Test Site - Downwinders

Dear Radsafers

I am researching material on  the doses received by downwinders of bomb tests
in the 40s and 50s.  I can't find much here on the Nevada tests, and would very
much appreciate references for the history and technical details of the tests -
e.g. when were the blasts, what size and type of device, how was downwind
monitoring performed, what doses did downwinders receive, etc.  I saw an
ABC documentary on t.v. a couple of years ago, which had an interesting
story about fall-out on the town of St. George in Utah following a particularly
dirty bomb test (? - I think I've remembered that correctly) - any information regarding that incident would be very welcome.

I would like anything you think may be useful - journal references, magazine
articles, books....anything!  I would be gratefully to receive even the smallest
piece of information.   Thanks in advance for your help.

regards
Bill Dixon
William Dixon                                email :   dixon@chem.chemistry.uq.oz.au
Department of Chemistry               voice :   (+61) 07 3365 3882
University of Queensland               fax   :   (+61) 07 3870 2495
QLD 4072
Australia