Re: Health Physics Certification

Gerry W. Kindred wrote:
GWK>>> TO:  Health Physics Professionals that have taken the CHP exams. I am
preparing for the 1998 Health Physics Certification (CHP) exams.  What references
did you find to be the most beneficial in your preparation? <snip> <<<

I agree with Charlie Willis' recommendation for the Baltimore-Washington Chapter,
HPS, certification review course. It was very helpful to have lectures once a week for
a quarter year (I forget now exactly how many times the class met), with each week
a different topic. In addition, for Part II of the exam, I found it very helpful to work
through many of the previous years' Part II exams. A friend and I spent many hours
working these problems, and it really helped identify areas where we needed to study
more, and helped to get into the proper mode for test taking.

Duane W. Schmidt, CHP
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
e-mail: dws2@nrc.gov