RE: Skull Caps With Respirators

I have not been involved with respiratory protection for several years
now so you can take this with a grain of salt.  Assuming NIOSH still
approves respiratory equipment, I believe where you may get into some
discussion is whether NIOSH would consider the skull cap an accessory to
that piece of respiratory equipment.  If memory serves me, all
accessories need to be specifically approved for that piece of
equipment.  Use of unapproved accessories will void the NIOSH approval.
If your facility has committed to use NIOSH approved equipment and then
you "technically" void this approval, you may raise some question.

Dennis J. Hadlock
1993 South Centennial Ave. SE
Aiken, SC 29803
voice:	(803) 502-9680
fax:	(803) 502-9773
mailto:dennis.hadlock@wxsms.com
Westinghouse Safety Management Solutions