Re: Combination Survey Instrument/Wipe Counter???

Radsafe is not for sales people to advertise their products, but since you
asked another radsafer for a user recommentation if such an instrument
exists...Susan Skinner (who's woman owned company will remain nameless) is
just North of you (in the same state) at 1-800-293-5759 has a handy little
GM called "The Inspector" that has a wipe test attachment that we utilize
for our hospital's I-131 therapy room decon and our routine wipe tests of
the decay storage facility lockers.  It is indeed handy to have just one
instrument to frisk in mR/hr and then flip a switch and use the wipe test
attachment in counts per minute disintegrations. No more taking
samples, labeling, taking them to a counter in Nuclear Medicine to get
the needed contamination counts.  Plus LCD digital display unit this is a
reasonably priced tool we have banged around just as hard as our older
technology metal cased GM's and it still hangs in with annual NIST
calibrations.  Has a plus or minus of 15% on CPM that I can live with for
decon/non patient dose use, audio and visual indicator LED and can read up
from down to .001 then way up to 50mR/hr and on CPM up to 200,000 so it is
just what we needed for this use.  Bought our first one in 1985 and now
have three in house with the latest one in a surgery suite for our Sentinel
Lymph Node Dissection case decon need.
Warm Southern Regards,
Mark Steinbuchel, CHCM
Alternate Radiation Safety Officer