Re: Non-CHPs in the health physics job market - Opportunitiesarepresent

If you had one, I doubt you'd consider a college degree "a useless piece of paper..."  While higher education isn't everything, it's a unique accomplishment which generally cannot be duplicated "in the trenches..."

Thinking that you don't need more education is a sure sign that you do.

Rather than whining, I suggest you go back to school.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.
Curies forever.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com

Mitchell Davis wrote:

... I think it is a travesty that these experienced HP's ( of which I am) with years of on the job experience are not allowed to become CHP's just because (in most cases) they don't have a useless piece of paper that taught them nothing about HP hanging on the wall ( no offence to my colleagues who have this).  Why is it so important that a CHP have a BS degree? ... Mitchell W. Davis, RRPT
Health Physicist
915-697-3523
915-349-4824 Cell
radiation@cox.net