RE: Weighting Factor for Hot Particle Skin Doses

My reading of the issue is this:

The SKIN dose limit is 50 rem / year.

The Extremity dose limit is a shallow dose and is also 50 rem / year.

If the particle is on the skin of the extremity, we calculate a shallow dose and we're done.

If the particle is on the "whole body", that is, not on the extremity, we calculate the dose to the deep tissue as well.

Linda Sewell probably said the same thing.

In most cases, the deep dose component is negligible.  If you calculate it though, most of us add it to the DDE.

Alamo here I come.  I hope I do better than the others did.

Mark O. Somerville Ph.D.

Certified Health Physicist

Registered Environmental Assessor

Diablo Canyon Power Plant