Re: Radon and Lung Cancer: What the studies really say.

Unlike ecologic studies, case-control studies differ in that in a case control

study you directly measure the radon concetration in a home and with subject

mobility, the radon concentrations can be linked to mobility to get an estimate

of exposure. The ecologic studies use a few short term measurments per home

(with a high percentage in the basement) while the case control studies use

year long living area measurements.  In an ecologic study exposure

nondifferential misclassification can cause unbounded extreme biases while in a

case-control study nondifferential misclassification reduces the risk estimate.

In a case control study, if you obtain retrospective information on radon

progeny, you can calculate dose.