Re: Relevance of experts

    I agree with you that fearmongering is probably not their primary

intent, but human nature is such that the desire for self-preservation must

be lurking somewhere in their minds. How else could you account for the fact

that all information on harmful effects of low-level dose is dealt with in

such extensive detail, while all scientific data indicating the absence of

low-level effects and/or hormesis is essentially ignored in their

assessments.

    The guidance of ICRP/NCRP has had a strong impact on the development of

absurdly restrictive regulation of radiation . Whether or not it was their

actual intent  to scare people, the net-effect on public attitudes is the

same and I've seen little or no effort on their part to change that

situation.